- Minghetti P, Musazzi U, Dorati R, Rocco P. The Safety of tattoo inks: Possible options for a common regulatory framework. Science of the Total Environment. 2019;651:634-37.
- Piccinini P, Pakalin S, Contor L, Bianchi I, Senaldi Ch. Safety of tattoos and permanent make-up. Final report. EUR 27947 EN, 2016.
- Stieger S, Pietschnig J, Kastner C, Voracek M. Prevalence And Acceptance Of Tattoos And Piercings: A Survey Of Young Adults From The Southern German-speaking Area Of Central Europe. Perceptual and Motor Skills. 2010;110:1065-74.
- Ekinci O, Topcuoglu V, Sabuncuoglu O, Berkem M, Akin E, Gumustas F. The Association of Tattooing/Body Piercing and Psychopathology in Adolescents: A Community Based Study from Istanbul. Community Mental Health Journal. 2012;48:798-803.
- Rahimi I, Eberhard I& Kasten E. Tattoos: What do people really know about the medical risks of body ink? J of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, 2018;11:30-35.
- Quaranta A, Napoli Ch, Fasano F, Montagna C, Caggiano G, Montagna M. Body piercing and tattoos: a survey on young adults’ knowledge of the risks and practices in body art. BMC Public Health, 2011;11:1-8.
- Sidoti E, Paolini G, Tringali G. Prevalence, knowledge, attitudes and practices towards body art in university students: body art as an indicator of risk taking behaviours? Italian J of Public Health, 2010;7: 386-94.
- Roberts A, Koch J, Armstrong M, Owen D. Correlates of tattoos and reference groups. Psychological Reports, 2006;99: 933-34.
- Bassi A, Campolmi P, Cannarozzo G, Conti R, Bruscino N, Gola M et al. Tattoo-Associated Skin Reaction: The Importance of an Early Diagnosis and Proper Treatment. BioMed Research International, 2014;2014:1-7.
10. Carney K, Dhalla S, Aytaman A, Tenner C, Francois F. Association of Tattooing and Hepatitis C Virus Infection:A Multicenter Case-Control Study. Hepatology. 2013;57:2117-23.
11. Hashemi-Shahri S, Sharifi-Mood B, Metanat M, Salehi M, Sharifi R. Blood-Borne Infections in Tattooed People. International J of Infection, 2016;3:e34944.
12. Kluger N, Terru D, Godreuil S. Bacteriological and fungal survey of commercial tattoo inks used in daily practice in a tattoo parlour. J of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology, 2011;25:1230-42.
13. Show K, Win L, Saw S et al. Knowledge of potential risk of blood-borne viral infections and tattooing practice among adults in Mandalay Region, Myanmar. PLoS One, 2019;14:e009853.
14. Wenzel S, Rittmann I, Landthaler M, Baumler W. Adverse Reactions after Tattooing: Review of the Literature and Comparison to Results of a Survey. Dermatology, 2013;226:138-47.
15. Behrendt P, Bruning J, Todt D, Steinmann E. Influence of Tattoo Ink on Hepatitis C Virus Infectiousness. Open Forum Infectious Diseases, 2019;6:ofz047.
16. Jafari S, Buxton J, Afshar K, Copes R, Baharlou S. Tattooing and risk of hepatitis B: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Canadian Journal of Public Health, 2012;103:207-212.
17. Wittkopf D, Hendricks L& Tague A. HIV/AIDS and Tattoos: A Deadly Link. J of AIDS & Clinical Research, 2017;8:1000746..
18. Urdang M, Mallek J& Mallon W. Tattoos and Piercings: A Review for the Emergency Physician. Western J of Emergency Medicine, 2011;12:393-98.
19. Armstrong M, Owen D, Roberts A, Koch J. College students and tattoos. Influence of image, identity, family, and friends. J of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, 2002;40:20-29.
20. Firmin M, Tse L, Foster J, Angelini T. External dynamics influencing tattooing among college students: a qualitative analysis. Journal of College Student Development, 2012;53:76-90.
21. Roggenkamp H, Nicholls A, Pierre J. Tattoos as a window to the psyche: How talking about skin art can inform psychiatric practice. World Journal of Psychiatry, 2017;7:148-58.