- White PF, Watcha MF. Postoperative nausea and vomiting: prophylaxis versus treatment. Anesth Analg 2015; 89:1337–39.
- Pierre S. Risk scores for predicting postoperative nausea and vomiting are clinically useful tools and should be used in every patient:. European Journal of Anesthesiology (EJA). 2011 Mar 1;28:160-63.
- Sweeney BP. Why does smoking protect against post-operative nausea and vomiting? Br J Anaesth 2016;89: 810-13
- Sébastien Pierre, Rachel Whelan; Nausea and vomiting after surgery, Continuing Education in Anesthesia Critical Care & Pain, Volume 13, Issue 1, 1 February 2013:28–32.
- Apfel CC, Kranke P, Katz MH, et al .Volatile anaesthetics may be the main cause of early but not delayed postoperative vomiting: a randomized controlled trial of factorial design. British Journal of Anaesthesia. 2015; 88:659-68.
- Kothari SN, Boyd WC, Bottcher ML, et al. Antiemetic efficacy of prophylactic dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) vs ondansetron (Zofran). Surgical endoscopy. 2000;14:926-29.
- Tramer MR, Reynolds DJ, Moore RA, et al. Efficacy, Dose-Response, and Safety of Ondansetron in Prevention of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting A Quantitative Systematic Review of Randomized Placebo-controlled Trials. Anesthesiology: The Journal of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. 2017;87:1277-89.
- Cronin CM, Sallan SE, Wolfe L. Transdermal scopolamine in motion sickness. Pharmacotherapy 1982;2:29–31.
- Kranke P, Morin AM, Roewer N, et al. The efficacy and safety of transdermal scopolamine for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting: a quantitative systematic review. AnesthAnalg 2002;95:133–43.
10. Tarkkila P, Torn K, Tuominen M, Lindgren L. Premedication with promethazine and transdermal scopolamine reduces the Incidence of nausea and vomiting after intrathecal morphine. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2015;39:983–6.
11. Pergolizzi Jr JV, Philip BK, Leslie JB, Taylor Jr R,et al Perspectives on transdermal scopolamine for the treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting. Journal of clinical anesthesia. 2012;24:334-45.
12. Apfel CC, Zhang K, George E,et al. Transdermal scopolamine for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Clinical therapeutics. 2010 ;32:1987-2002.
13. Sah N, Ramesh V, Kaul B, Dalby P, Shestak K, et al Transdermal scopolamine patch in addition to ondansetron for postoperative nausea and vomiting prophylaxis in patients undergoing ambulatory cosmetic surgery. Journal of clinical anesthesia. 2009;21:249-52.